1.19.2010

I used to like blogs so much...



2009

Happy Merry Holidays & Greetings from the PTC (Peachtree City)!

Well, family and friends, this is pretty much my first attempt at a Christmas/End of year letter. Consider yourselves saluted. This year was a good one, with plenty going on and much for which I am thankful.

January began another semester as a Volunteer Leader for YoungLife. This will be my 4th year working with YL. If you’ve never heard of this organization, feel free to check out their website, Younglife.org and, for my area specifically, Fayette.younglife.org. It’s a non-denominational Christian ministry focused on high school kids. The middle school equivalent is called WyldLife, and this year, beginning in September, I became a WyldLife leader. It’s all very rewarding and my move to the middle school ministry has been a big change! As leaders, we go to where the kids are, we walk with them and hopefully earn the right to be heard about Jesus. Your prayers are needed and welcome for me and for the ministry!

I’ve also been working with the youth group at church, pretty much since I graduated back in 2004, which is always interesting and fun.

Speaking of graduating, this year, in October, I attended my 5-year reunion at Berry College. It was great to reconnect with some of the great friends I made there.

In July, Mom and I had the opportunity to go to the UK, which I’m sure you’ve heard all about from her, but just to add, we spent a week in London, a week in Paris, and a week in Edinburgh, Scotland. We enjoyed riverboat tours in London and Paris, walking around the cities (a lot!), eating at outdoor cafes, looking out for Nessie at Loch Ness, museums, and even a musical…Jersey Boys in London. It was all amazing, though I think one of our favorite parts was a visit as part of a tour to Monet’s Garden in Giverny, France. That day we also went to Versailles, which was interesting, though extremely crowded. Of the three cities, I think we enjoyed Edinburgh the most because it had more of a small city feel. We attended the first annual Gathering of the Clans and saw traditional tartans, arts, sports, and more. People traveled from all over the world to reunite with their clans!

In late October, we welcomed a new addition to our clan, with the birth of my niece, Sophia DuPre to Chris and Tiffany!

In addition, this year was especially wonderful for me because, on November 19, I celebrated my first anniversary with my amazing boyfriend, Josh Coleman. Hopefully, you’ll all get to meet him someday. I’ll be celebrating Christmas with his family this year, while Mom goes up to Richmond.

Well, I wish you all a wonderful Holiday and glorious New Year!

Love, Nicole <3


No comments: